Wednesday, January 23, 2013

All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go

Recently I was invited to a Craft Day put on by some of my fellow Blogger friends. It sounded like so much fun, but I declined the invitation, giving my limited activity pregnancy orders as the reason. But these girls would not take no for an answer. They rallied around me with promises of a comfy couch, a ride to the event, and all manner of other maternal luxuries.

So I agreed.

I talked The Rookie into the cost, and set him up with LG's daily routine schedule. I even asked a friend to stop by for a couple hours to keep an eye on LG so The Rookie could go to a meeting that afternoon.

On the morning of the event, I got up early, showered, did my hair all nice like a normal human being, wore my new maternity Shirt, a nice necklace, and even put on shoes that weren't flip flops. Then I made sure I left the car seat for them, packed me some snacks. (Because no pregnant woman should be without food for any length of time.) And left.

As I got in the car to go, I texted my good friend to let her know I was running a little late, but would be there soon for our carpool.

The following text conversation ensued:



So there I was, all dressed up, with nowhere to go, now exhausted from waking up early and getting all dressed up. So I rested for a while, and then The Rookie took me and LG out to lunch. 

It turned out to be a pretty good day. Despite my little mixup. Oh yeah, here is what I was wearing:


My Top is from A Pea in The Pod Maternity. My friend McKenzie convinced me to get it. It is a little Cape cod chic for me, but I am kind of in love with it now. Something about having a shirt that was made to stretch over a baby belly, instead of my usual t-shirt stretched out all Juno style.

Speaking of Juno, These jeans are O'Neill jeans. My Mom cut off the waistband and sewed some stretchy fabric on them to make them Maternity jeans for me, just like in that movie. (That's what you gotta do when your husband is in the Fire academy so you are the sugar Mama, and you have no extra funds to buy maternity jeans.) Thank goodness my Mom is awesome.


The necklace I am wearing is from Soleil Selene. It was a gift in my swag bag from The Elevate Blog conference last year.

My bracelet is from Forever 21 (I think). My ring is a Claddagh Ring. (An Irish wedding band.) It came from the Scottish festival at the Orange County Fair grounds. 

This next outfit is also for being all dressed up with nowhere to go. This is my hanging out at home uniform. A Maxi skirt, (I am telling you these things are more comfy than yoga pants) and a relatively nice T-Shirt. I am trying to get dressed in some kind of nice ish attire every day, even if I am planning to stay home. Just in case all the fire alarms in my house go off at once, and all of a sudden I have a living room full of firemen. This actually happened to my friend Rachel last week. So you never can be too careful. By the way that girl is hilarious and she blogs here.


And you know how I like to look good for Firemen. Well at least one Fireman that is.

This is one of my favorite Maxi Skirts. It is Quiksilver Women's. My shirt is from Target, and my Shoes, are Rainbow Sandals. 

Later I dressed this outfit  up with some jewelry and a sweater and went out on a casual date with The Rookie.

So in both cases, I guess I eventually had somewhere to go. Thanks Honey. Where would I be without you? Oh yeah, not pregnant, and thus not all dressed up with nowhere to go.

Love you.

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy today for What I Wore Wednesday.

pleated poppy

10 comments:

  1. Oh man, that's so disappointing when you get all ready and are planning on something and then you still have to wait a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? Does this happen to people often? I thought I was the only one.

      Delete
  2. you are such a cute pregnant lady! love the maxi skirt outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! And I think your Blog is adorable. Especially the posts about your pregnancy. I love how real you are.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute maxi! On the cutest pregnant lady! Bummer about the event mixup but now you get to dress up twice! I feel like I never wear my cute clothes cause I never go anywhere. I guess I should wear them anyway and stop waiting for an occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shan! I am kind of excited to wear this shirt somewhere cool.
      You should totally dress up. You have the cutest taste ever. That needs to be shared with the world.

      Delete
  4. Cute belly and pictures : ) Stopping by fom link up.
    Katherine
    www.jagstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine! Thank you, and Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Love the cute baby bump! Sometimes I actually miss dressing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see you and the baby bump...on the 2nd ;)

    ReplyDelete