Tuesday, April 8, 2014

This Must Be What He Sees

Last night just as I was going to bed at the end of a long day of a teething baby and colds all around. I walked into my slightly messy bathroom, and glanced at my face in the mirror, and what I saw shocked me. 



I looked pretty.

It made me do a double take. But it was true. So I quickly took a closer look into the mirror and went down my check list of self deprecation. 

Are my pores still gigantic?

Yes.

Is my forehead still unusually high? 

Yes.

Hair slightly greasy, and need my roots done?

Yep.

One bloodshot eye?

So hot.

Post baby muffin top still happening, even with pajama pants on?

Oh yeah.

But there was something there, an air of beauty, something I just couldn't put my finger on. 
(Oh shoot I just realized what it could be...I better not be pregnant....On with my story!)

Maybe it was the way my slightly messy low side ponytail cascaded down my shoulder. Maybe it was the way my face has matured over the past year to reveal a more mature woman's face. Maybe it was the way I wasn't breaking out for the first time ever...I couldn't say for sure. 

But for the first time in my life, I could see through all my flaws, and I looked beautiful.

And then in that instance, it hit me.

This must be what he sees.

Oh my gosh he's not lying when he tells me I'm beautiful!

Yes!

What a relief.

So then I did what any happy, pretty feeling, woman would do...

I jumped into bed with the one man who always sees what I had just seen, and made his night. 

Isn't that what beautiful women do?

The next time you look in the mirror, try to see what your husband sees in you. Let me know what you see.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. And by the way it's not just what he sees. I think you are so beautiful and always have been. I have noticed that it's easier for me now as a mature woman to feel beautiful than it used to be when I didn't feel comfortable in my own skin. Something to be said for our 30's? ;)

    ReplyDelete